Perhaps you are wondering how best to manage your workplace health and safety?
If you are starting from the beginning, or even if you just need an update, it can seem a bit daunting, and there is a lot to cover.
To ensure appropriate H&S management for your organisation, WorkSafe NZ advises the following:
- Identify health and safety hazards and risks, and take steps to prevent these from happening.
- Make sure health and safety in your business is led from the top, has involved and is understood by your staff, and is reviewed regularly.
- Hold regular training on health and safety matters.
- Engage workers in health and safety matters that affect them.
- Support all officers to get up to date with health and safety issues and key risk factors.
- Report and monitor health and safety goals.
- Regularly review any incidents.
- Carry out frequent health and safety audits.
You might wonder where to find reliable help. WorkSafe NZ notes that choosing a reliable source with reputable health and safety qualifications and experience is a good place to start!
What you don’t need is a huge folder of information that you are unlikely to read, will not protect you from failures, nor aid you in continuous improvement over time.
What will help, is a concise, personalised system that supports and encourages worker engagement, and a leader in the organisation who will lead by example, promoting good practice and great outcomes.
If you want to develop and enhance the productivity of your business, and would like a reliable source to help you establish a simple, functional H&S system, review the system you have, or provide you with some coaching or training email: email@example.com to arrange a free half-hour conversation, to review the options available to you, in meeting the needs of your organisation.