Through a SafePlus Assessment or a Health and Safety Audit, Health and Safety Northland can assist you with planning for improvements in health and safety performance.
An independent snapshot of the current state of your systems and practice is provided in a SafePlus Assessment (medium to large organisations), a personalised Assessment for smaller organisations, or a Health and Safety Audit.
The scope of the audit/assessment is established/agreed during planning, prior to commencement.
A formal report on the outcomes of the audit or assessment is provided, including recommendations for improvement.
- ACC, MBIE and WorkSafe NZ have created a workplace assessment programme called SafePlus.
- Shona Kelly is a HASANZ Registered Accredited SafePlus Assessor.
- Please review the WorkSafe NZ web site for more information on the SafePlus assessment process for workplaces at www.worksafe.govt.nz
If you would prefer an on-site H&S assessment on a smaller scale, talk to us about creating a version tailored to your organisations’ budget and needs.
A qualified Lead auditor, and an ACC-Approved Auditor for the previous ACC WSMP programme, Shona can either prepare you for an audit, or complete an audit or a SafePlus assessment for you.
Your organisation may be eligible for funding support from NZTE for the systems or pre-audit/pre-qual preparation training programmes offered by ReflectNZ.
An audit provides:
- recognition from an accredited, independent third party that your organisation conforms with a recognised standard, demonstrating good safety management system principles;
- a public record of the organisation’s commitment to manage risks and protect the health and safety of workers and others in the workplace;
- an informed base from which goals can be set and initiated.
Our Audit or Assessment Process:
- An agreement on areas to be assessed against the framework of the Audit Standard tool AS/NZS 4801:2001 or SafePlus Assessment standard, or a more modest or specifically focused Assessment based on your requirements.
- Sampling of documentation of health and safety systems, policies and activity documents.
- Assessment of practice in relation to these documented systems through observation of workplace activities and discussion with workers and management at all levels.
- Draft report including recommendations based on observations made in the agreed time-frame.
- Meeting to discuss draft report if desired.
- Final draft with identified actions for improvement incorporated.