Health and Safety Northland provides a variety of Health and Safety Training Workshops.
A Health and Safety Training Workshop is distinct from a Health and Safety Training Course.
A Health and Safety Training Course involves formal curriculum instruction by a qualified teaching tutor, carried on over a number of weeks or months, generally leading to a formal qualification such as those achieved through e.g. NZQA or University studies.
A Health and Safety Training Workshop is a type of interactive training led by a subject matter expert where participants carry out a variety of learning activities, rather than passively listening to a lecture or presentation.
Health and Safety Northland’s Health and Safety Training Workshops, led by a HASANZ-Registered Health and Safety Professional, are tailored to meet the health and safety development needs of your team or work group.
Some of the opportunities provided by our Health and Safety onsite Training Workshops, led by a HASANZ-Registered consultant, include:
- Facilitation of the legislated requirements of Engagement and Participation of Workers
- Ensuring currency of health and safety information, aiding continuous improvement.
- Establishing or maintaining regular updates on health and safety information for your team
- Learning how to develop standard operating procedures to improve health and safety risk management
- Reviewing hazards and risks in your organisation
- Developing or updating the necessary controls for risk mitigation
- Essential annual refreshers and review of the ongoing relevant aspects of the induction processes of your organisation
- Collaborative development of a Code of Conduct
- Reviewing the requirements of pre-qualification as a contractor/PCBU.
Health and Safety Training Workshops can be devised for either/both management groups and worker teams as required. The input of workers who are involved in the activities aids the goal of continuous improvement of your systems and processes.
Benefits of H&S Training Workshops
Our H&S Training workshops:
- Are undertaken at your workplace for your workers
- For as many participants as agreed with the provider
- At a time that works best for your team, e.g. after hours (with overtime for workers)
- For an agreed, fixed price.
- A collective health and safety training certificate (naming participants) is provided for your records
H&S Training courses:
- Are generally held at a location away from your workplace
- Often require the attendee to be away from work for varying amounts of time
- Are charged per person
- Aim to improve the qualifications of individuals
- Result in a formal qualification that may be fixed or renewable.
If you have an idea that there is something incomplete that could be improved for your practical Health and Safety management, contact us to see how we can assist your organisation with a Health and Safety Training Workshop designed to meet your needs.